Out of the frying pan and into the fire. This is a very accurate description of the problem with acne and the ensuing scars that you may get afterwards. Once the pain and inflammation caused by acne is over, you would have to find a way to remove acne marks.
There are various ways in which you can do this. However, the ones that some medical experts may suggest, such as dermabrasion or laser therapy, will cost you over hundreds or thousands of dollars. If you aren’t financially capable to go for these procedures, don’t feel too down in the dumps. There are various ways in which you can remove acne marks in the comforts of your own home.
1. Organic products from the local market can help even out your skin tone smooth your damaged skin. Tomatoes are steep in Vitamin A which can support your skin’s healing process. Slice this thinly and then place it on the skin for a few minutes every day. Fresh aloe vera juice can also be massaged into the face.
2. Certain kinds of oils are very effective to remove acne marks as well. Rosehip seed oil, lavender oil and the regular (or the extra virgin variant, if you like) olive oil moisturizes and hydrates your skin, urging mineral and protein build up within the skin and erase all the imperfections.
3. Cold temperatures will decrease the inflammation caused by the acne. Note that when there is low pressure on the skin, there will be very little scar formation. You can do this by gently rubbing ice cubes on the affected region for a few seconds every day.
4. Drink lots of water. Hydrating your skin will keep it elastic and malleable. Conversely, try not to take in coffee, soda or alcoholic beverages too much because these will desiccate the skin cells. If you can’t help it, drink twice the amount of water when you have taken in any of those drinks.
5. Tea Wash is a really simple solution. Just get some tea bags, it does not matter whether it is green or black because both have strong antioxidant properties, and soak them in hot water. Cool the tea and apply it on your face and neck with damp oil. Now try not to go overboard when shopping for tea bags. A regular tea would work best really. Avoid luxury teas with weird labels and added flavors.
Remember you do not have to throw money at all the expensive procedures and products all the time. These home remedies listed above to remove acne marks are as effective in treating simple discolorations and blemishes as any of those products advertised on the television or procedures done in huge hospitals or expensive clinics.
And lastly, despite all the advantages that you can acquire from these simple home-based treatment choices, you should know that these can only do so much. The worst types of scarring are quite impossible to deal with at home and must be managed with the help of the experts.