Guys if you’re thinking of spending your most memorable holiday in an isle of your dreams, come to Sri Lanka. Here’s a guide to where you should visit for an experience of a lifetime.
Info: This tour is going to take you around the island and recommends places you can visit while you’re spending your holiday here. Its based on my experience.
1) Landing at Katunayake International Airport.
2) Hire a cab from the arrival lounge and set off to NEGOMBO where the sun is shining and the ocean is filled with activities and you can get the best natural tan.
3) When you’re done lets head up to ANURADHAPURA. The city of heritage and culture. Its where the ancient kingdoms were made and the rulers of the country lived. Its the longest journey you’re going to take in this vacation. Time on the road 4 hours.
But to make the journey a little bit interesting we’ll visit one world marvel on the way. Make a stop at SIGIRIYA in DAMBULLA where you’ll witness the best architecture and engineering of ancient Sri Lanka.
4) Next, we are going to visit the hill capital of Sri Lanka, KANDY. Its around 3 hours on the road but the trip is worth. There you’ll experience a different climate than the previous two destinations as it’s ambient temperature sets around 20-22C. Its the kingdom of the last king of Sri Lanka and home to the Sacred Temple of the Tooth. I suggest you visit Kandy in August since its the month when the Kandy Perahera is going to take place.
5) To cool you up a little bit we’ll make our trip further up country to NUWARA ELIYA the little England of Sri Lanka. Its where the flowers blossom and many activities take place in April to August. Ambient temperature is around 10-15C or may be lower. Watch horse races, take a boat ride in the lake, play golf or just enjoy walking around HAGGALA PARK.
I also suggest you stop on the way to watch the beautiful waterfalls and have a sample of original tea at tea factories.
6) Now we are going to have a little safari, watching the wildlife of Sri Lanka including many rare animals at YALA NATIONAL PARK. Time on the road from Nuwara Eliya around 4 hours. But the excitement and experience wild animals in their natural habitat will take your breath away.
7) Now again back to the Beach and hot sunny weather. We are going to visit GALLE and HIKKADUWA the down south capitals of the island where you’ll enjoy time at the beach and also the opportunity to dive in the coral regions.
8)Finally its back to COLOMBO the commercial capital of the country. Its where an active night life exists and also many places to enjoy family outings such as dining, movies, etc. Where to stay??
So guys lets hope you will enjoy your vacation in this great country and return to your home in a happy and relaxed mood..